THE ROTTERDAM SKYLINE,
ROYAL NETHERLANDS SOCIETY OF ENGINEERS | INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SOIL MECHANICS AND GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING |
NETHERLANDS FOUNDATION CONTRACTORS ASSOCIATION
The 11th International Conference on Stress Wave Theory and Design and Testing Methods for Deep Foundations has been a tremendous success. The organizing committee is very busy with the wrap up of the conference. We were happy to have received more than 90 papers and these can now be downloaded from the website. The papers, dealing with a wide range of interesting topics, are in the process of being reviewed.
The conference has covered the application of static and dynamic test methods to deep foundations, including both driven piles and cast-in-place, both onshore and offshore. The practical part of the Conference, the Demonstration, Testing & Prediction Event, was scheduled for the last day, September 23rd, on the Maasvlakte in Rotterdam. During that day piles with onshore and offshore dimensions were installed in several different manners, pile testing was take place as part of a research project, and innovative installation and testing methods will be demonstrated.
We will update the website coming month with pictures, presentations and video of the conference and cannot wait to see you in 2025 in Singapore!
Chair of the Local Organizing Committee
- Stress Wave mechanics applied to pile engineering, like signal matching, driveability prediction, rapid load test prediction and other stress wave simulation applications.
- Load Testing (including high strain dynamic testing, rapid load testing, axial compression, tension, and bidirectional load testing, lateral testing) for piles installed insitu or driven by vibratory or impact driving or other methods.
- Quality assurance of driven and drilled deep foundations, low strain integrity testing, cross hole sonic logging, thermal profiling, etc.
- Soil-pile interaction during pile installation and during (dynamic, rapid or static) testing, the effect of installation methods, static resistance to driving vs long-term static soil resistance.
- Vibrations of ground and adjacent structures: theory, prediction and monitoring.
- Design codes and standards for testing of deep foundations.
- Case studies of installed deep foundations: design, execution and testing.
- Environmental vibrations and noise.
|Deadline final paper submissions||May 31, 2022|
|Publications of Proceedings||September 2022|
|Conference||September 20-23 2022|
|Next conference||2025, in Singapore|